Wednesday, July 15, 2009

There's no place like home! There's no place like home!

Summer is so serious! It has been NON STOP! Between the heat, work, Model Citizen & trying to find a new place to live I have not had a moment to even begin to update my blog. Which saddens me to no end. It's not like I don't have a place to hang my (fabulous) hat in this heat, but as I've mentioned before, I am staying with friends and living out of boxes during this record high summer. But - that brings me to the big news!

Austin (my manpanion) and I have decided to say Buh Bye to renting and Hello to home ownership! After 10 lovely years of living in Austin we feel it is high time to plant some serious roots and buy into this city that we love so. It's not the most original idea, sure, but we are very excited! It's kind of weird though - all of this is happening while he is on the road touring with his band. So, I've been house hunting rather than blogging, designing and going to yoga.
While I day dream of something like this:

The reality of my bank statement is keeping my head from floating into the clouds.

Ooh - look at the time! I'm off to look at a house now! Keep your fingers crossed for us!

3 comments:

Eli said...

Mazel Tov kitten! That's so exciting.

On another note, I can't wait for you to get here! D will have moved out & we'll have the house to ourselves!

xo

Model Citizen aka Bonnie Rue said...

Thank You! I can not wait to see you either :)
A house all to ourselves?! Just like old times!

FENNOfashion said...

Ah, the joy of buying a house...I just bought one last month but closing on it in a week. Trying to run a business inbetween a maze of boxes while baking your brain in what feels like 200 degree heat is tough!I feel your pain!