Monday, August 31, 2009

Handmade Nation Premier in Austin, TX!

On Sunday, September 6th The Alamo Drafthouse is hosting the Austin premier of Handmade Nation! A documentary about the craft movement in America by Faythe Levine. If you read my blog I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you are crafty - or a crafty connoisseur - ergo you must go to the premier. It's mandatory.
Faythe has been traveling all over - premiering her documentary 1 city at a time & I've been eagerly awaiting it's arrival to the Lone Star State! So you can only imagine how thrilled I was to be asked to come and sell Model Citizen Clothing @ the premier! I've got some new stuff that isn't available in the shop yet! Ooh Aah! Other crafty Austinites will be there too - such as Sublime Stitching, Naughty Secretary Club, Made With Sweet Love, Ramonster, One Creative Girl, Pommes Frites & More! Come out, shop, see the film, check out some awesome demo's by Yudu, Wondercraft & Rachel Hobson! It's guaranteed to be an inspiring day! Tickets are still available through the Alamo Drafthouse!


Ashtacular said...

Whoa. Totally sounds cool. Congrats, on spreading the Model Citizen greatness!!!

Sarah said...

I didn't get to go b/c I was out of town, but I was just talking to a coworker who said she went and one of her friends bought a pair of your earrings. :)

My coworker is working on this really cool embroidery project right now. She said the movie was inspiring.

Model Citizen aka Bonnie Rue said...

I actually didn't get to see the movie! :(
I was in my booth working it. I had a great time - everyone was so friendly and just being around the other participants of the craft fair was inspiring. I have it on good authority though that the movie will be released on DVD through Buy Olympia. So - maybe when it comes out I'll have a little screening at my house and you ladies can come over!
Yes - that is what I will do.
Tell your friend to email her embroidery project to Jenny @ sublime stitching - they have an awesome embroider gallery!