Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you were all dancing around with sparklers & making out with a hottie when the ball dropped. 2009 was a real flaming bag of crap of a year. No, it wasn't all bad, but the boat was rocked, no doubt about it. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about 2010 though. How about you? Do you feel like a page has been turned & the bulk of the unpleasantness is over? Here's to hoping!
After my last post I ditched town for a while & went to hunker down with family in an attempt to get out of my funk. It worked! I feel Rah-Rah-Ready to take on the new year!
Resolutions? You bet!
1. Cut the crap. Sure, this sounds vague and a touch overwhelming because there is so much crap in life, but I've got a plan. I've set up a daily schedule so that I will have time for all the things I give a shit about rather than trying to fit them in around all the bs that I have to do. This schedule is my ticket getting what I want out of this life. So for 2010 the mantra playing non stop in my head is Hagrid giving Harry instructions for getting on the train for Hogwarts his first year "stick to your ticket". More time for creativity - less time running around with my head up my butt trying to make it all work.
2. In the spirit of cutting the crap, I'll be spending less time with the people who turn out to be the devil on my shoulder & much much more time with people who want to make & do things. Yay Things!
3. Less TV & more music! Hulu (like so many other things that are bad for you) is awesome. But I'm breaking up with it. Our relationship has become unmanageable & at times codependent. I've decided that I will pop into my local record store every tuesday so I can check out what has just been released and pick up some more ear candy for my collection. This is an excellent plan because every Tuesday at Waterloo Records they have a Vinyl Happy Hour - all records 10% off. Hell Yes!
* Psst! There is a vinyl revival going on! With indie labels selling records that come with a free mp3 download of the album & turntables that will digitize your record collections becoming widely available it looks like records won't just be for hipsters, geeks & dj's anymore <3
4. Juice! Yep, I got a juicer for xmas & I'm more excited than a virgin on prom night! A magical world of sweet & sour & salubrious concoctions await! Don't worry, I'll share some of my recipes with you, because sharing is caring & that's what we're all about here at Good Girls & Geeks ;)... now if only I could juice a cupcake.. nah, they're perfect the way they are.
5. TRAVEL MORE! I do not get out of Austin, TX as much as I should!
Five is more than enough - right? What are your new years resolutions? Going to lay off the sauce? Read more? Learn a new language? Do tell!