Saturday, January 2, 2010

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

The new year has just begun & I've already discovered a few NEW favorite things that I MUST share with you!

NUMBER 1 is LUSH's Cosmetic Warrior Mask. No, it's not vegan (there are eggs in it), but YES it is amazing. I don't mean amazing like that movie you saw 5 times in the theater or that new pair of boots you bought yourself for your birthday. No no, this stuff is a bona fide miracle that you rub all over your face. I've had acne for as long as I can remember & after using this lovely mask once a day for a week, my face has NEVER been clearer. My pores have NEVER been smaller. I know what you are thinking - If I love it so much why don't I marry it? Well I would! But the courts would not recognize our union and anyway we really need to focus on getting gay marriage legalized first don't ya think?
**Unfortunately you can not order it on their website. You have to pick it up at a LUSH storefront. So find a LUSH near you & run don't walk.

NUMBER 2 Speaking of gay marriage... Nicole J. Georges' 2010 Queer Animal Odyssey Calendar puts the biggest smile on my face & helps me keep track of all my goings on. It's filled with illustrations of animals who appear on the list of 1500 species that display homosexual behavior (i.e. sea lions, koalas, elephants, cows & more). I suggest you get yours today before the year starts to slip away from you.. and don't feel weird about loving this calendar, it's totally natural.

3. Nut Cheese!
Yeah, I know it sounds silly and disgusting, but trust me - it's something you want to put in your mouth. I've been a fan of "sun cheese" (yummy-ness made from sunflower seeds) but I recently made a batch of cashew cheese and it's vegan and effing tasty!
Want to try the nut cheese? I know you do!

Here's the recipe (pulled off the whole foods website)
Ingredients:

1 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon white pepper

And - here's what ya do:
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and combined. Alternately, mix them in a large bowl using the back of a wooden spoon to mash them together. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

good for sandwiches, just dip veggies in it or add a little more almond milk and use it as a sauce for pasta. It's total yum!

3 comments:

Becky J said...

A. That calendar is amazing.
B. I am intrigued by the cheese... I might have to bust that out at the next little dinner/drink fiesta I attend. Good idea!

Model Citizen aka Bonnie Rue said...

I have to tell you - the calendar puts a smile on my face everyday.

My manfriend ate all the cashew cheese - he just got a box of crackers and destroyed it. So - that's how good it is. I barely got to eat any of it. I think next I'm going to try Sun cheese with sunflower seeds.

Candice said...

ooooo I'm gonna have to make a trip to the Lush store and try that face cream. My skin has always been trouble.